Wednesday 29 April 2015

Considering the Contents Page

Authors on image
I want to have a contents page to ensure it will be easy to access the activity pages, I will be exploring the children's illustrations on this page as I feel it would be visually interesting and a successful way of getting the children involved and engaged. I will be using the same typography as I have done for each page and would be able to combine the page numbers with the children's illustrations to add another visually interesting aspect. 
Authors own image
When creating my first contents page mock up I found the spacing difficult because each bee is a different size and shape. However, I feel each bee being different makes the page visually interesting and unique. I feel the use of the white circular forms within the bees are successful as it helps the page number stand out and makes it easy to understand. 

Authors own image
Although I did enjoy the use of the children’s bee illustrations on my contents page I feel they were to big and was it was difficult to recognise when used as a page number. I also feel they distract and conflict with the page contents. Therefore I have continued to explore a simple idea which consists of a circle form for the page numbers. However, I will continue to explore to ensure my final outcome is successful and appropriate for my target audience. 
Authors own image
Here I have explored how the contents page will link in with the visuals of the page numbers. Although I feel the green circular forms are visually pleasing on the contents page I do not enjoy the use of them as page numbers because the scale and colour conflict with the page. I feel using a simple typographic number will be more appropriate because even though it is simple it harmonises with the other aspects of the page with distracting my audience from the important information and interesting illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment