Thursday 16 April 2015

Double Page Spread

Authors own image
One of the pages in my awareness book consists of a bee and typography highlighting a bees features and their purpose. I want the information to be on a double page spread as I feel this will create an impact for my target audience as the bee will be brightly coloured and positioned in the centre to draw the children in. I aim to explore illustration and texture to discover the most successful outcome for the page.

Exploring Texture
Authors own image
I have experimented with felt and cotton to create the wings of a bee, I really enjoy this outcomes is it would be successful in my book. My target audience would enjoy the visual, texture and movement of the wings. I feel the felt was difficult to use as it's fibres kept getting stuck in the sewing machine. However, I will continue to explore this technique as I enjoy the outcome. 
In my second experiment I used tracing paper to explore the wings of a bee, I really enjoy the outcome because the material allows light through which highlights the detail involved. I also like the delicate appearance of the wings but question if the use of tracing paper would be appropriate for my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment