Tuesday 28 April 2015

Exploring a Border

Authors own image

Here I have experimented with my illustrations as a border on my habitat page, although they are eye-catching I do not feel they are successful as the page feels chaotic and it is hard to focus on the information. I feel I need to continue to experiment with idea’s for this page to ensure my final outcome is successful and appropriate for my target audience. 


Authors own image
I really enjoy the visual of these simple illustrations because although they are eye-catching they are not overpowering the important information - instead it harmonises and compliments it. On the other hand I feel this page may contain to much information and could be overwhelming for my target audience. Two improve these I will be transforming the page into two. 


Reducing Information 
Authors own image
Here I have reduced the amount of information on the page and feel it immediately looks less chaotic and overwhelming for my target audience. I also explored my simple illustrations and feel the composition works really well as the page feels balanced and visually interesting. I also feel using no colour within the illustrations is successful because they do not distract from the information and feel sophisticated. I feel I will continue to explore ideas for this page but will be considering this as a final page design in my book.
Mirrored border? 
Authors own image
As these two pages will open as a double page spread I feel the use of the reflected border will be successful as it will create an impact as it is opened. I also feel the composition of the information works well because it does not feel overwhelming or to much for my audience to absorb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment