Tuesday 7 April 2015

Recreating a child's drawing

Authors own image
Here I have tried to recreate the child's drawing and unexpectedly found it really difficult because only a few simple lines were used; I struggled limiting myself and not adding any more detail. I feel I need to use children's drawings within my final outcome because when trying to create them myself they lose the unique and interesting style of a child. To do this I need to visit my target audience on a large scale - this will allow me to get a wide variety of illustrations.
Authors own image
I transformed the child's illustration into a textured outcome by using felt and cotton; I found the scale very difficult to sew and feel a larger outcome would be easier. However, I feel it is successful and would consider using this idea further.

No comments:

Post a Comment