Saturday 25 April 2015

Bees Pollinate 70 Crops


Authors own image
Here I have quickly  created a visual of the 70 crop page and how I imagine it to look, I did not use any filters on my illustrations as I just wanted to understand the composition and how it would work. I will need to explore typography and composition further to understand the most successful; I will also consider creating new illustrations as these were quick idea's, although I do really enjoy the visual of the watercolour and feel the colour and texture will appeal to my target audience.

Colour and Composition 
Authors own image
As already have my chosen typography I wanted to understand how well it would work on all pages. I have also started to explore the colour and composition on my crop page. I feel the green works well because it helps each crop stand out and has an organic feel to it.

Authors own image 
I also eliminated the colour to help me focus on the composition. I feel the more organised visual is successful as it is easy to follow each crop.

Exploring tones
Authors own image
I knew I wanted to use green for my crop background but was unsure on the tone. Here I have explored a range of tones to ensure I use the most appropriate and successful. I really enjoy the bottom left tone because the green is bright and stands out; I also feel it harmonises with the leaves and contributes to the organic feel of the page. 

Final Crop Page

I have chosen the organised composition and bright green background as my final crop page because I feel this is eye-catching and would draw my target audience in. I feel the page is visually interesting and the textured elements add a  sense of ‘fun’ whilst learning. I like the use of the stitching through the leaves as this not only adds texture it is a good representation of the detail of a real leaf. I also like the layered effect of the grapes and overall feel the texture, colour and illustrations harmonise to work as one.






No comments:

Post a Comment