Monday 27 April 2015

Habitat Page Experiments

Authors own image
Although my two completed pages have been based around illustration and texture I wanted to explore other techniques to ensure my book does not get predictable
or boring. Here I have left flowers to dry out and then scanned them - I really enjoy the visuals because the flat 2Dimensional forms have an unusual capture of texture and movement. I am unsure how this will work on my page but will be exploring this idea and outcome further. 
Authors own image
Here I have created a quick mock up idea for my ‘Habitat of a honey bee’ page, I used the previous scanned flowers to create an interesting repeated pattern as a border. Although I find the border visually interesting I do not feel it fits in with the style of my other pages - therefore I will be recreating it as an illustration. I also feel the page looks quite empty and will need to continue to explore to ensure a successful and interesting outcome which will not only inform but engage my target audience. 
Authors own image

Authors own image


As I discovered I enjoy the visual of the border on the
‘Why are bees in danger of disappearing’ page I now feel I need to transform it into an illustration to ensure it fits in with my other pages designs. I really enjoy some of my outcomes because they are bright and would be eye-catching for my target audience. I like the use of the fine liner and watercolour because it highlights the form of each petal, I feel this would be successful in my final outcome because it has a similar style of illustration and overall visual to my other existing pages.




Authors own image
Here I have explored a range of colours to understand what will stand out and be most successful. I feel the purple outcome would be appropriate as one of the tips to save bees consists of planting purple flowers; I could however consider combining a range of colours to create variation and an interesting visual. 
Authors own image
I have started to explore texture and feel both outcomes are successful, I really enjoy the delicate and fragile appearance of the brown paper and intend to explore this further. 
Authors own image
I went onto scanning my illustrations and feel by slightly changing the contrast on Photoshop the outcomes are successful as they are bright and eye-catching. I also feel they relate to my previous crop illustrations and would work well in my final design as it would represent a continuous style throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment