Tuesday 21 April 2015

Exploring Layout - Double Page

Authors own image
I feel the double page spread will be successful because it will be eye catching with a bright, bold illustration in the centre. The use of textured wings will also draw my target audience in as they will be able to feel and engage with the page. I also feel the use of the information over a double page will ensure it does not look chaotic and overwhelming. However, I feel like I am going to struggle printing these pages as I need to work out what page numbers to print together. I feel this will take some planning and I do not want to jump straight in. My next intension will involve exploring how to print and to start looking into typography and colour for this page.

Exploring Filters


Authors own image
I have scanned my previous stitched bee into photoshop where I have been able to experiment with colour and filters. My aim was to understand how these aspects would effect the visual and if the texture would remain. I really enjoy the outcome because the colours make the bee eye-catching in comparison to the simple stitched bee outline. I also feel the filters are visually interesting, although they do remove the appearance of the texture.

Composition and Illustration
Authors own image
Here I have coloured my previous be template and have explored image, composition, typography and colour. I really enjoy the green outcome and feel the layout is more successful then the bottom left as the position and scale of the bee creates an impact as you open the page and draws you in.

Colour Cotton?
Authors own image
Here I have combined the cotton bee scan with felt, stitched wings; I really enjoy the outcome although it is simple the colours are eye-catching and the wings texture will engage my audience. I also explored white and black cotton to understand the visual and to compare each outcome. Although I enjoy the delicate, subtle appearance of the white outcome I feel for the purpose of my target audience the black cotton would be more appropriate as it highlights the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment