Monday 6 April 2015

How did I use to draw?

Authors own image

I thought it would be interesting to look at the way I used to draw when I was younger - I really enjoy children's drawings as they are always unusual and unique, making them very difficult to recreate. Their choice in colour and scale always amazes me and I feel this could be good to use in my final design. At the age of five I did not want to draw a body - I feel this is a funny consideration of how I really look and has inspired me to use unusual and quirky visuals in my awareness book.

Authors own image
It is interesting to see how my ability improved with age - my lines became more accurate and the choice in colour seems more appropriate. I feel this research has helped me identify how I can use the illustration style of a child to make my design unique and interesting, but also how I can create accurate illustration which will engage and teach my target audience. I am also adding a drawing page into my awareness book which will allow my audience to develop their own drawing skills whilst learning about an important subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment