Wednesday 11 March 2015

The Proposal

My chosen subject for this project is ‘Sustainable Nature’. The concept of my project consists of representing a vision of the future and how nature will exist differently in comparison to the present time. I feel this subject is important in today’s society as the way in which humans act are effecting habitats and natural world. This idea was influenced by a Jehovah Witness who questioned how I think the future will be; it made me realise I do not consider how my actions and use of materials will effect future generations. It also made me question how many others are aware of this. I will research existing campaigns such as Green peace and developments like the Eden project to understand how they reach their target audience. I will visit Kew Gardens to collect information and visuals of ways they record and preserve plants. I will also visit the Natural History and Science museums as this will represent how the past recorded important information; I will also look at extinct habitats such as The Ice Age and how the museums have been able to preserve them for future research and observation. As this concept would also effect the food sources I will briefly look into the reasons why the United Kingdom import food from all over the world and why we are unable to enjoy the seasonal foods we grow. This project will allow me to explore many techniques and materials to ensure my outcome is successful. I may encounter time management issues but will be using my 7 week action plan to help me stay on track and for my project to develop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment