Friday 27 March 2015

Existing books

I wanted to look at existing illustrated children's books to identify key features I may need to consider within my own designs. I really like the use of simple colours and composition within The Winnie Pooh collection as it easy to follow and understand. i was extremely drawn in and inspired by the repeated patterns of bees and will consider a similar technique in my own design. I also really enjoy the simple and delicate illustrations throughout the Beatrix Potter book series and feel the use of the white backgrounds helps them stand out. However, I am unsure if such a simple composition and elements would be successful for my awareness book because I need my target audience t engage and learn from each page without losing interest.
Authors own image
I really enjoy the book titled 'The Sleepy Pig' because of the texture involved - each page is embossed and allows you not to only see but feel the forms on the page. I feel this would be an interesting technique to explore but I am unsure how to do it and will need to research into it. 
Authors own image

I am huge fan of the Mr.Men books because they are so simple but so engaging for my target audience. The bright, bold colours are exciting and draw you in whilst the simple geometric like forms along with short sentences are easy to understand, learn from and follow. Overall I feel looking at existing books has helped me to consider aspects and elements for my own design.

No comments:

Post a Comment