Monday 4 May 2015

The Word Search

Authors own image
To ensure my book engages my target audience I am going to create activity pages to make them feel involved and encourage them to learn more. Here I have created a word search plan; the letters need to be bold and stand out. 


Authors own image
Before creating the word search I researched into the layout and typography of existing designs. I learnt the colour of the grid and font is usually black as it is easier to read and identify each letter. I also discovered some designs have grids and some do not.
I started my word search on Illustrator and created a grid using the line tool to ensure my letters would be straight I and balanced. I decided to use the typography I have used on every page to ensure I keep consistency. However, I am considering removing the grid for my final design to make it appear more welcoming for my target audience. 
Authors own image
Final Word Search
Here is my final word search design, I did not need to explore the colour of my typography or background as I have learnt what is appropriate and works well with my existing pages. The word search is appropriate for my target audience because the letters are big and bold and easy to read - they also stand out well on the pastel background. My next intention will consist of designing as dot to dot page and then creating a mock up of my final book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment