Saturday 9 May 2015

Final Outcome

Authors own image
My final outcome is  successful because it has met my  expectation, I really enjoy  the simple front cover because although only one image has been used the printing  technique with the acetate contributes to the texture and interesting visual. Alongside the textured image and typography the bright yellow background is really eye-catching and would draw my target audience in, the colour also helps the simple silhouette stand out. I decided to add green material along the spine, the main reason for this was to reinforce the card and binding technique I have used. However, I also feel it is visually pleasing and the colour harmonises with the yellow whilst the pattern contributes to the texture. When printing my pages I found it extremely difficult to line the front and back up perfectly, to overcome this problem I had to print each page several times until I was able to understand where to position the paper - although this process was time consuming I feel the outcome is successful and made the time worth it. I really enjoy the double bee page as the textured wings stand out and really pull you into the page, I also feel the composition on this page works well as each part of information leads you onto another which ensures you absorb all aspects of the page. 

Authors own image
I also really enjoy the crop page as the textured parts harmonise with the illustrations to work as one, I was unable to stitch along the centre of the leaves to add more detail as I had previously explored and planned because the small scale made it impossible. To overcome this I hand stitched some leaves and feel they worked out well but not as visually pleasing or accurate as the sewing machine. I feel the background colour works really well as it helps each aspect on the page stand out and the crops to become the main focus. 
Authors own image
The following two pages I feel are my least successful, they consist of a simple illustrated border surrounding the information and although it is visually pleasing I do not feel it creates the same excitement and engagement as the other pages. I feel I could have improved these pages by adding texture or reconsidering my colour choices. My ‘Draw It’ double page works well as it has plenty of space for my audience to create and explore their own illustrated ideas; I feel the two small illustrations in the corners of each page work well as the audience are able to colour them in. The two following activity pages are successful as they immediately engage the audience by asking them to get involved, the scale and composition of each activity page is clear and easy for my target audience to understand. I also feel the background colours work well as the pastel tones are friendly and feel welcoming to the audience. The final following page intends to shock my audience with the sentence ‘If Bees Die, We Die’ as my target audience is young I did not want this page to be to overwhelming therefore used the typography that has been present throughout the entire book. I also ensured the typography was of small scale and the background continued the pastel colour scheme; I feel this page is successful and creates an impact in a simple way - I also feel as it is the final page it will stick in my audience’s minds and will encourage them to take action in saving the bees.

I have lined the front and back cover with yellow felt as it continues the textured theme and will engage the children's senses as they hold the book. Overall I feel my outcome is successful and has met my intension, I feel I could improve it by exploring more child proof materials as I feel my chosen card could easily be damaged by water and children’s heavy hands. However, as a prototype of my design I feel it works well to express my ideas and the awareness I want to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment